Author Topic: What If I Have Questions?  (Read 407 times)

Offline BLiZZ

What If I Have Questions?
« on: March 10, 2020, 08:24:10 AM »
If you have any questions, comments, concerns or snide remarks about the rules of the forum, the game, this site or how to play, post them here. Admins and moderators will answer.

For level specific help, please post in the appropriate level thread. This topic is only for rules of the site, game and forum.

Offline Leveloneknob

• Bee Lawyer
  • Riddler
  • Riddle Prowess +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: What If I Have Questions?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 06:04:36 PM »
Hey y'all! Happy this is starting up again.

I'm planning on dragging some of my puzzlehunt teammates along for the ride this time around, and we were thinking of sharing info between ourselves, sort of as a collaborative solving unit. Is this against the rules OR the spirit of ACWoT? I'm sure we'd be able to change our system to be hint-based collaboration if need be, but I just wanted to pop in before things kick off properly, and check if this is cool!
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. The bee, of course, flies anyways. Because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

Progress: Numerics 37 - Secrets - 1-2 Found, Unsolved.

Offline MissIllusioned

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 06:37:36 AM »
Ariel and I usually work as a team since the original. We don't give the answers to each other as that's against the cwot spirit. We may be more generous with our nudging/clues for each other than we would be with another member. Team work I don't think is frowned upon. I don't think giving your team mates the answers is in the general cwot spirit. But I don't think anyone could stop you if you did it privately in a chat.... But really would you want someone to do all the leg work and then just hand you the answer on a silver platter?
In progress: Nada, nothing, zilch
Solved: Numerics 1-50, Alphabet A- K, Romans - 1-10, Decades 1-10, Secret 1-4

Offline NinjaDucky

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 07:22:28 AM »
I agree with MissI.

The ONLY time I would ever consider giving an answer (or close to one) or begging (*cough*) is if a level has some kind of barrier to getting to it (audio files for me).  That situation is very rare though as I know BB (and CU in the past) was conscious and tried the best to be sure all levels could be accessed and solved easily.
Numerics: 20/40 (need to redo)
Decade: 5/10
Secret: 0 I have no clue...

My Portfolio

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 10:19:28 AM »
Well, I don't know if we were sure they all solved easily. But we did ensure they are fair, and try hard to make sure there are alternate solve methods :wink6:

The following users thanked this post: NinjaDucky

Offline Leveloneknob

• Bee Lawyer
  • Riddler
  • Riddle Prowess +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 06:00:10 PM »
Thanks! I don't think we're going to hit too many points where we really gotta buckle down on teamwork time until we get late into the numerics or into the Alphabets, but I guess we'll see! Really looking forward to (hopefully) going further than I did last time :P
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. The bee, of course, flies anyways. Because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

Progress: Numerics 37 - Secrets - 1-2 Found, Unsolved.

Offline mrmonster

• Riddler
  • Riddle Prowess +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 08:22:10 PM »
Was late to the CWoT party last time and only made it through the numerics before the shut-down. Super excited that its starting up again.
Just out of curiosity, is the plan to release levels in batches of 5 going forward? Also, are some/most of the levels going to be the same as the original CWoT ones or is CwOT2 completely new?

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 08:48:29 PM »
I currently don't have a release schedule. I may release one or two here and there, then release 20 in a single day.

I am doing my best to get as many levels posted as possible, in each of the current trails/side quests. The new format means that even if the levels are the same as the original game, they still need to be hand coded to meet current scripting requirements.

That being said, there are plans to reuse a lot of the older levels in the Roman trail, and some in the late Alphabets. Most of the Numeric levels will be brand new (hence the initial delay in posting new levels), and of course the Egyptian trail will be 100% brand new.

However, even if you recognize an older level, the egg pages, names and answers are most likely going to change. The solve methods, though, will be similar. Very few levels (if any) will be a direct copy/paste of an original CWoT level, though it will happen here and there.

Offline linkinpark333

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 10:38:05 PM »
Good to know that my notes can be useful later on  :high5er:
Main Trail: Numerics 39, Alphabets B Romans I
Progress: Secret 1 (not solved) Secret 2+3 (not found)
Open: Decade 4