Author Topic: Site News and Updates  (Read 180 times)

Offline BLiZZ

Site News and Updates
« on: March 10, 2020, 08:26:59 AM »
If something is going on with ACWoT, issues, down times, broken links or other maintenance issues, they will be posted here.

Follow this topic (or board) to stay up to date on all things CWoT 2 related.  :cheer:

Offline BLiZZ

Re: Site News and Updates
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 10:50:53 AM »
The server that houses this site is having some difficulty with connectivity. The server admins are aware and are working on stabalizing the server.

In the mean time, you may experience weird glitches, long loading times, frozen screens, etc.

My advice is to either refresh the page and try again, or open the page in a new tab (with the current one still open) and try it there. PMs that seem to hang without being sent, USUALLY get sent, you just don't see the success message. So, before you send again, open the forum in a new tab and check your messages, I bet you will see the message has been sent.

I will update this post as the problem gets solved.

UPDATE: The server admins have confirmed they resolved the issue. I haven't experienced the issue for some time, but will remain skeptical for now.

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 09:40:03 PM »
I am moving the site to a CDN. This process can take 2 minutes or up to 48 hours.

During this time there may be security warnings, no loading of the pages or other small issues. They will all clear up on their own, though. Hopefully you won't even notice. :wiggle:

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 06:21:53 AM »
Well, we noticed.

The main site is back online now. The subdomains are coming along slower, but are starting to respond. Hopefully the whole site will be done and available in the next 30 minutes.

Apologies for the delays.

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 05:48:54 AM »
The password boxes have been updated.

There was a small issue in the coding for the levels with passwords. Specifically the levels following the passwords. This has been fixed.

How ACWoT Password Levels Work

When you come upon a level with a username and password box, you will need to enter the correct information to move on.

When you do so, you are given a session ID (it is in a cookie on your computer). This ID tells the site that you have the correct username and password to continue viewing the site. It is important to note that this ID will expire when you close your browser (not just a tab, but the whole browser).

If the Session ID is not present when you visit a level, you will see a prompt to enter the last username/password combo you encountered. Entering the correct combination will then show you the level.

For example. Level 16 has a username and password box. When you enter the right combo you are taken to level 17. When you solve level 17, you then go to level 18. Solve this and you continue to level 19. Assume you stop here for the day and come back later or the next day.

When you return, your Session ID has expired. When you revisit Level 19, you will see a prompt asking you to enter the username/password from Level 16 once again. Doing so will then allow you to proceed to Level 19.

If you enter the wrong combination, you will be redirected back to level 16. Resolve the level (you will go to level 17 again). You are NOT required to resolve level 17. Once you enter the correct combo, you can return directly to level 19.

This check is done on every level AFTER level 15 (the first username and password level). Simply use your notes and enter the username and password for the last level you needed them for and you are good to go.

If you have any questions, comment here and I will answer them for you. :wiggle: