Author Topic: Coronavirus Pandemia  (Read 404 times)

Offline trinih

• Alpha Tester
  • Riddle Prowess +5/-0
  • Curioser and curioser
    • View Profile
Coronavirus Pandemia
« on: March 13, 2020, 06:58:13 PM »
Maybe it's not a funny issue to talk here but in Europe the disease of Covid-19 is  spreading very fast and in my country we are very concerned about trying to stop it so as not to exceed the limit of hospital care. The fundamental problem, as I see, it's that seriously ill patients require oxygen and assisted breathing, and if we all get sick at the same time, there will be no devices or doctors for everyone, so is important to control its grow.

I know that in your countries the disease still is not very important but I want to tell you what to do to avoid or control it:
- Don't have close contact with people => keep  around 1 meter of separation
- Wash your hands frequently
- Sneeze of cough into your elbow
- Stay at home as much as you can. CWoT will help ;)
- Call to the doctor if you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing

Most of cases are not serious but people with other diseases or old people (in Spain we lived around 90 years!) can die.

More information here: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports

Searching the third Secret...
All the others already done!

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill

Offline MissIllusioned

Re: Coronavirus Pandemia
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 07:15:17 PM »
It's really is crazy!
I am affected as I work with international students. At this stage we don't know who can come in or not and what to do with them at the end of the year. People are losing their minds here with worry but I'm not.
We have had 5 cases so far and these have all been from overseas... Itlay and Iran.... And person to person of close family members. Yet not a hand sanitizer or toilet paper in sight in our main cities!
Progress:
Numerics - 36
Secret - 1&2 solved
Open - Decade 10 - Complete

Offline trinih

• Alpha Tester
  • Riddle Prowess +5/-0
  • Curioser and curioser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 10:03:38 PM »
There are many memes about the coronavirus.... and here is a good one

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 11:29:27 PM »
I don't understand the toilet paper thing!! Why toilet paper??

Offline trinih

• Alpha Tester
  • Riddle Prowess +5/-0
  • Curioser and curioser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 04:38:30 AM »
I think that people think it will shortage of many things and toilet paper is one of their preferred... :dunno:

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 04:51:42 AM »
I still think it is weird. :lmmfao:

Offline MissIllusioned

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 05:54:26 AM »
Here in nz apparently sales in batteries and um  :adultsonly: toys have skyrocketed.

Priorities
Progress:
Numerics - 36
Secret - 1&2 solved

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 06:00:47 AM »
I tell you, I wish I owned stock in bidet companies right now.

Offline trinih

• Alpha Tester
  • Riddle Prowess +5/-0
  • Curioser and curioser
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 10:59:28 AM »
 :cheer:   :lmmfao:

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 11:08:13 AM »
:lmmfao:

That's funny

Offline NinjaDucky

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2020, 10:43:17 PM »
My recent trip to Target to pick up Tylenol (I keep a small bottle in my work locker) and more bandaids for my 'surgical wound'... I found the pain meds (Tylenol, Aleve, Advil etc) and cold/allergies remedies shelves nearly BARE.  Of course... I trotted over to the toilet paper and paper towels aisle too... BARE BARE BARE-- and a note that only ONE per guest is allowed (same with hand sanitizer too).

My drive to work has been faster- still traffic but less.  Most companies (tech cos at least) are shifting to remote/work from home.  Restaurants, bars, clubs are closed (some can still do delivery & pick up)...I worry about my oldest niece and her S.O.  she is in the restaurant biz and he's a chef.

Offline trinih

• Alpha Tester
  • Riddle Prowess +5/-0
  • Curioser and curioser
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2020, 11:19:43 PM »
Here in Spain the government declares State of Alarm 4 or 5 days ago. We must stay at home as much as possible. Those who can should telework at home. Schools are closed and also bars and restaurants (I think). Only Pharmacies, supermarkets or food shops and tobacco stores are open (to facilitate stay at home) and most of them have antiseptic gel or plastic gloves to use when you enter.  Today  the supermarket was full of things but last weekend was almost empty. If you are diabetic or have a dog you can go for a walk.
The streets are silent and deserts.  At 20:00 people clap from the windows to  health workers :clap2:.
All crowd events of course are cancelled...  :sad1: 
I hope it can delay  the coronavirus expansion but it only will finish when all of us have passed the infection, if there are not soon a vaccine, which is unlikely

Look this https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

Offline NinjaDucky

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2020, 11:21:24 PM »
I've read that the vaccine is at least a year, if not more, away.  How true that is I don't know.  There's talk about a specific medication that may help with the virus too (I can't remember the name of it but do know it is sometimes used for a specific immune system disorder.

Today I got a letter (we all did at work) from Corporate... looks like my work place will remain open... I guess we fall under the banking exemptions since we serve major banking/credit cards, health services (that's the retail processing side- I'm in business processing) and handle payments... can't have people trying to pay and then getting pissed that their payment is "LATE" (they already do anyway). Thhp.

Our tax day even got pushed back to July 15.  But I still plan on finishing that this weekend.

Offline MissIllusioned

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2020, 11:00:23 PM »
Sheep and I are in lock down for the next 4 weeks. Please send more cwot levels and thoughts and prayers I don't kill my family
Progress:
Numerics - 36
Secret - 1&2 solved

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2020, 11:22:44 PM »
 :dunno: