Author Topic: Riddle Solving Tips and Tricks  (Read 1281 times)

Offline trinih

• Alpha Tester
  • Riddle Prowess +5/-0
  • Curioser and curioser
    • View Profile
Re: Riddle Solving Tips and Tricks
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2020, 04:35:00 PM »
I've found this page in spanish where explain what to do on iPhone to see the source code of a page: https://howpple.com/como-ver-el-codigo-html-de-una-web/  if someone whant to know.
And here is the code that you have to copy and paste in the address of the bookmark (which old name you should also change for example for "Source"):
https://appletoolbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/show-source-code.txt

Then when you are on a page with Safari and you want to see its source code, just go to bookmarks, select "Source" and a new window with the source code will open  :cheer:

It works perfect!

<<edit by BLiZZ>>
For English instructions :lmmfao: try THIS PAGE

scroll down past the obvious ad crap to the section titled "View HTML Source on Your iPhone for Free Using a JavaScript Trick"

<<end edit>>
NumericsAlphabets and Romans: Temp Ender
Secrets:5/5 
Bookworms: 125/125 and BWSecrets 10/10
Decade: 10/10

Crystals: waiting to appear...

The following users thanked this post: BLiZZ

Offline NinjaDucky

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2020, 06:12:57 PM »
Where can I get Audacity?  It seems their site is not found or down...
Numerics: 20/40 (need to redo)
Decade: 5/10
Secret: 0 I have no clue...

My Portfolio

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2020, 06:19:57 PM »
Looks like they are doing long-term maintenance. You can get it form FossHub though.

https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity.html  [note: link and download untested]

The following users thanked this post: NinjaDucky

Offline NinjaDucky

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2020, 06:34:56 PM »
Link works; they do have a little blurb at top that complains you hate ads if you have adblocker (or similar) activated but that won't interfere with your download.

Was able to download and install just fine on the Mac (Windows later maybe).  Works so far.
Numerics: 20/40 (need to redo)
Decade: 5/10
Secret: 0 I have no clue...

My Portfolio

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2020, 05:16:52 AM »
Audacity is back up https://www.audacityteam.org/

Also... here is a little tip for new players (and the older ones who may have forgotten).

The easiest path through any level is to get into the creators head. While my head is a scary place to be, especially alone, you can always assume I am talking to you in the level.

For example, if you are having a difficult time getting the correct phrasing for an answer, pretend I am standing next to you asking you "what are you doing?" Answer in the URL how you would answer me in person (minus the obvious "I am...." part). So, if the answer is "jump rope" but that isn't working, and you have tried skip rope, double dutch, etc. and 404 is your result.. ask yourself "what are you doing?" to that you would replay "I am jumping rope" and in the URL goes "jumping rope"

This won't always work, but 80% of the time, you will hit on the correct phrasing faster this way.

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2020, 08:40:55 PM »
Here is something to ponder. If you are on a level that requires the use of an external website for a solve, you may not need it.

Information changes, we all know this. Websites come and go and their information may become outdated or irrelevant. Sometimes they even get buried with newer, fancier websites that may not have the exact answer you seek.

If you come to such a level, I do my best to make sure the relevant information is always available. While I cannot promise this, if something is needed in a highly specific manner (chapter heading of a specific book format, or a list that may change next year, etc.) I attempt to make that information available within the level.

As an example, if you need a book/PDF in a specific layout to obtain the answer, that book or PDF is probably available in the same directory as the level. You may have to look for it, if it even exists, of course.

In my attempt to keep ACWoT stand-alone, I want to avoid relying on other sites as much as possible.

If you think you are on such a level, you can always PM myself or a moderator to find out if the resource is locally available.

The following users thanked this post: MissIllusioned

Offline MissIllusioned

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2020, 09:20:40 PM »
That's a great idea! And great! More filenames to try to look for  :damnchicken: :lmmfao:
In progress: Nada, nothing, zilch
Solved: Numerics 1-50, Alphabet A- K, Romans - 1-10, Decades 1-10, Secret 1-4

Offline trinih

• Alpha Tester
  • Riddle Prowess +5/-0
  • Curioser and curioser
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2020, 05:57:22 AM »
To compare images  try: https://tineye.com/
NumericsAlphabets and Romans: Temp Ender
Secrets:5/5