Author Topic: Member Portal Updates  (Read 586 times)

Offline BLiZZ

Member Portal Updates
« on: March 22, 2020, 07:55:43 PM »
As of this post, the current version of the Member Portal is 1.4.

When there is an update to perform you can check this thread. Update details, version numbers and updating instructions will be posted for each version upgrade.

Offline BLiZZ

Re: Member Portal Updates
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 06:11:42 PM »
MP Version 1.9 is active.

You will need to refresh/hard refresh to see the changes.

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 01:05:55 AM »
If you are new to the forum and have visited the Member Portal for the first time only to find nothing there (levels etc.) then you need to perform a reset.

Under the Member Only Links is a button for "Progress Tools" Click this button and in the pop up that appears you will see two buttons, one named UPDATE and the other named RESET.

Here you just need to click the RESET button. You will see a warning message, click okay/yes on the warning. You will then get redirected to the reset success page. After 3 seconds you will get redirected to the MP once again. You should now see the numeric level check list and be able to select the levels from the colored buttons in the middle of the screen.

If you have any issues, post here and I will get you sorted.

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 07:51:09 AM »
I have done a bit of image work inside the Member Portal. There are new buttons for the level selection as well as the Member Links. I have attached an image below of what your MP buttons should look like. You will need to do a hard refresh or clear the cache in your browser to see the new buttons.

Please do so on the level pages as well, as the Member Link buttons there have been updated, too.

No new version update as of yet. We are still on Version 1.9, this is just an aesthetic update.

Also, please note the second attached image. Everyone of you should see these check boxes and level titles. If you do not see them, PM me immediately.

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 06:22:03 AM »
We have 1 final graphics update done to the MP as well as the home page and level pages. The buttons on the bottom banner in the levels, the 3 buttons on the home page and the MP member link buttons have a slightly new look. They went on a diet.

If you have trouble seeing the new images, the spots are blank or are text only... you need to perform a hard refresh on these pages. A hard refresh (shift + F5) will release the cached images and load the new ones.

It isn't a big change, so don't expect much. If you see the buttons and everything works, great. Even if they are the cached images, it is fine. The cache will self-clear for you soon anyway. However, to get the latest look or if something is not appearing correctly, you will need to do a hard refresh. :wiggle:

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 06:05:27 PM »
Another tiny update to the MP has just been completed. The changes are to the levels and check marks and this update is purely optional.

From this point forward, ALL levels linked in the MP will behave slightly differently. When you access the main level page for the first time, the Member Portal will reflect that by making the link to that level active. However the check box next to the level name will remain UNchecked until you solve the level.

****************OPTIONAL UPDATE****************

If you click the "Update/Reset" button inside the Member Portal you can click the "RESET" button.
Note: This WILL remove ALL level progress and start you back at level 1!
As you will see once you are redirected back to the Portal, the 4 main trail level 1 links are active, but there are NO check marks.
As you then progress through the Numerics trail (or the secret levels) the links to the main level pages will become active. It is only once you then beat the levels that the check marks will appear.

If you are bored waiting on me to post new levels, you can reset your Portal and give it a try. Otherwise, you will see these changes as you progress from level 21 onward once I add more. There isn't a new version update as I technically haven't changed the MP itself, just the levels.

Offline maltazzar

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 07:00:18 PM »
I was bored. Everything works as intended!

Level 21 remains unchecked. Now get those new levels out :D

The following users thanked this post: BLiZZ, MissIllusioned

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 08:17:27 PM »
Awesome! I am glad it all works as I had planned.

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 09:23:12 PM »
We have a minor update to the Member Portal.

New version 1.9.1 will add the Decade side quest link (to level 1) to your MP and update your current version to 1.9.1

The update is not mandatory (there is a link to the Decade quest at the start of the numeric levels), however, if you do not do this update, you will still need to upgrade to version 1.9.1 before you can do any future updates to the MP.

Updating from version 1.9 to 1.9.1 is simple.

Access the Member Portal and click the "Update/Reset" button on the Member Links section.
From the pop up that appears, you will find that the current version is 1.9.1 and your version is listed as 1.9
There will be a message that says to update to the current version and the "Update" button will be active. Click the "update" button.
After a second, you will be redirected to the update success page. From there you will be redirected back to the Member Portal after 3 seconds.
Once back in the MP, you can verify that you are on version 1.9.1 by looking at the Update/Reset pop up again (current version will show as 1.9.1 and update button is inactive).
You will now find a direct link to Decade 1 in the "Open" levels section.

Offline BLiZZ

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 08:04:30 AM »
New update to the MP.  Version 1.92 simply adds new levels to the Misc. tab.

Big things coming. Update now!

Updating from version 1.91 to 1.92 is simple.

Access the Member Portal and click the "Update/Reset" button on the Member Links section.
From the pop up that appears, you will find that the current version is 1.92 and your version is listed as 1.91
There will be a message that says to update to the current version and the "Update" button will be active. Click the "update" button.
After a second, you will be redirected to the update success page. From there you will be redirected back to the Member Portal after 3 seconds.
Once back in the MP, you can verify that you are on version 1.92 by looking at the Update/Reset pop up again (current version will show as 1.92 and update button is inactive).
You will now find level links for the Secret Bookworm levels in the Misc. tab.

Also note, if you are still on MP Version 1.9 you will update to version 1.91 before updating to 1.92

Basically, you need to click the update button twice to get to the current version.