Author Topic: Meet the ACWoT Team  (Read 484 times)

Offline BLiZZ

Meet the ACWoT Team
« on: March 24, 2020, 07:27:29 PM »
Another Clever Waste of Time cannot run smoothly and operate with precision without a team.

I am proud to announce the TEAM ACWoT! :cheer:

Admin: BLiZZ
Moderators: Ariel, MissIllusioned
Quality Assurance: NinjaDucky

Each of the team will make a post here to let you know when they are available, how best to contact them and a little about themselves.

In that, I will start.

I am BLiZZ, your Admin and owner of ACWoT. This little game started as an idea 15 years ago. During that time it grew to the most popular riddle online with over 17.5 million visitors. I was also the largest of its kind on line with 1000 levels.

Towards the end of the 12th year, life crept in and I decided it was time to pull the plug. I left the FB page up as a lifeline, and the players tugged on it hard.

So we are back. Brand new and improved!  :boing:

With a lot of work, major improvements and a lot of nostalgia, Another Clever Waste of Time was born. I plan to continue building and making CWoT the biggest, best and most popular riddle ever!

If you have any questions, comments, need help or anything else, you can send a PM through the forum message system here at any time. I don't have set hours, and will respond as soon as possible.

If you want to send an email, you can reach me through the contact page at any time.

The following users thanked this post: trinih, TurningTides

Offline Ariel

Re: Meet the ACWoT Team
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 07:55:48 PM »
Thanks for asking me to join the team, BLiZZ!  Love to help out however I can!

I'm Ariel (sometimes known as Brae).  I was around for the original CWoT and Invasion (GO Brain Candy)!  I have found some notes from the old days, but honestly cannot remember how far I got originally.  I'll try to keep my signature here up-to-date with my progress.

In my day job, I'm a data nerd who tells stories with the numbers.  For fun, I'm a musician and sometimes gamer (I met my hubby playing WoW).
My email is on my profile and I am happy to help through there or PM on the forum.  I live in Arizona, so my hours will be daytime and evening GMT -7 (year round as we do not observe DST). 
Numerics: completed through 38
Secrets: completed 1, 2
Decade: completed

The following users thanked this post: TurningTides

Offline MissIllusioned

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 09:00:14 PM »
I am MissIllusioned I was previously part of CWoT and Invasion - although I think I missed one of the first invasions and a few of the last.
I think I got up to somewhere in the middle of the Romans with the help of my teammate Ariel!

I live in New Zealand and I have two small boys, so I'm usually around the late evening my time.

Happy to help if you need it :)
In progress: Nada, nothing, zilch
Solved: Numerics 1-50, Alphabet A- K, Romans - 1-10, Decades 1-10, Secret 1-4

Offline NinjaDucky

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 10:58:10 AM »
Okay so finally doing mine before I get another 'talking-to'.

- My name is NinjaDucky... Ducky for short (there are about 4 thousand other nicknames from over the years.
  I'm from United States of America.  I currently work as a Processing Clerk (or in other words I manage the archive room where bill statement stubs/checks go to die as well as  finding rejects of any stubs/checks).  I'm also into coding/programming; HTML/CSS, javascript, Visual Basic (been a while) and COBOL(yeah I still like it).  Currently looking for work as junior Web Developer or QA Tester.  LinkedIn and Portfolio available... or send me leads!!! (hush BBBrat)
  Ahem... what else.  I've been a part of CWoT since 2006 and Invasion II; big part of my life as I moved around the US too :).  I collect rubber duckies though most of the poor things are sitting in a box right now. 

- I will be the Quality Assurance department.  This means I will be the contact person if you (the player/riddler) run into something that you think may be wrong or something is not working the way you think it should be either here on the forum or on any of the riddle trails.
   - NOTE- I will not be giving answers so don't try to trick me into that please.   
   Examples of potential problems:
     * spelling or grammar errors
     * Any buttons not working as expected
     * incorrect or missing images
     * any entry that you make either with the URL or clicking anywhere that produces something that shouldn't be there.
     * anything else that isn't covered by the above.

I'm usually only online in the evenings (Eastern US time) as I'm not allowed to have my phone/iPad/laptop with me in the work area.  Sundays and Mondays I'll be around more.  PMs are open as is email.

:duckybuttkins:
Numerics: 20/40 (need to redo)
Decade: 5/10
Secret: 0 I have no clue...

My Portfolio

Offline MissIllusioned

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 09:45:30 PM »
How to PM a Mod For Help

As our numbers grow, we are getting more and more requests for help. What would be helpful for both players and mods is specific requests when pming. This let's us help you in a timely manner without repeating what you know. We really can't work with "I'm stuck in level 3. I don't understand the hints. Help." this doesn't let us know what you've tried what you are thinking or what you have found.

As such, we've created a general template you may like to use or generally follow when asking for help.

LEVEL X
I have tried this line of thought with the following answers which are all 404s
I have found this egg...
Would I be correct in thinking I have to do X?
Is this the right train of thought to try X?

It would also be really helpful if you could pm us back if what we hinted you towards was helpful, if you got the next level or if you completely didn't understand our hint/push in the right direction.

We are happy to work further with you, but as you go deeper into the trail hints become less... Obvious. We expect you to be trying all the words from the source, trying different file extensions, trying different keywords and googling what you have.

We would also like to ask that you don't pm multiple mods at the same time, or if you do (because you see another mod jump on and want an answer faster) please let the first person you pmed know that you don't require a reply. Mass pming all mods/blizz for help at the same time is frowned upon.

If all else fails, take a deep breath, take a break and come back later. Sometimes the answer just smacks you over the head when you look at it with fresh eyes.

Happy riddling everyone!

Don't forget we all get stuck somewhere along the way. Some levels just click and others you quite literally can't see what is right in front of you!

In progress: Nada, nothing, zilch
Solved: Numerics 1-50, Alphabet A- K, Romans - 1-10, Decades 1-10, Secret 1-4

The following users thanked this post: Ariel, TurningTides